This is a typical Scanian farm since the early 18th century, from the 1750s under the ownership of the Olsson family. Jöns Olsson, from this old farming family, was a farmer here in the middle of the 19th century. He was also a politician and Member of Parliament in the second chamber for Torna Härads constituency. Jöns Olsson was a part of the libertarian party and was for instance engaged in issues regarding liquor production and the privileges of the clergy.
The main building at Gården was built in 1870, while the stables completed a few years later. At the farm there were horses, cows, pigs, sheep and geese. The modern part of the farm was constructed in the middle of the 20th centrury.
The stables and land were sold in 1970 to the newly founded Romeleåsens Golfklubb, who constructed an unusually beautiful golf course in the undulating terrain. At first the stables were used as the clubhouse. In the beginning of the 1980s, a modern clubhouse as erected.
Gården continued to function as a residence for two more generations Nils Hammar until Lennart Rohlin purchased the house and garden in 1979 and after a restoration it was inaugurated in 1980 as the first MiLgård venue. The name was originally MiLgården, but after several other venues opened, it was changed to Gården on Romeleåsen.